And yet, though we strain
against the deadening grip
of daily necessity,
I sense there is this mystery:
All life is being lived.
Who is living it, then?
Is it the things themselves,
or something waiting inside them,
like an unplayed melody in a flute?
Is it the winds blowing over the waters?
Is it the branches that signal to each other?
Is it flowers
interweaving their fragrances,
or streets, as they wind through time?
Is it the animals, warmly moving,
or the birds, that suddenly rise up?
Who lives it, then? God, are you the one
who is living life?
~ Rainer Maria Rilke from “The Book of Pilgrimage,” II,12 courtesy of The Beauty We Love
- amelieavery likes this
- arsvitaest likes this
- coincident likes this
- revolutionwithin likes this
- elaina-marie likes this
- abhorticulture reblogged this from crashinglybeautiful
- abhorticulture likes this
- crowtendr reblogged this from crashinglybeautiful and added:
- yama-bato likes this
- rembrandtswife likes this
- mythologyofblue likes this
- rd67 likes this
- the4amcook likes this
- agoodthinghappened likes this
- darwinwoodka likes this
- allesgut likes this
- growing-orbits likes this
- msbojangles likes this
- tintanegra reblogged this from crashinglybeautiful
- chmcs likes this
- crashinglybeautiful posted this