nothing but images
"…it is important to understand, not intellectually but actually in your daily life, how you have built images about your wife, your husband, your neighbor, your child, your country, your leaders, your politicians, your gods–you have nothing but images.
The images create the space between you and what you observe and in that space there is conflict, so what we are going to find out now together is whether it is possible to be free of the space we create, not only outside ourselves but in ourselves, the space which divides people in all their relationships.
Now the very attention you give to a problem is the energy that solves that problem. When you give your complete attention–I mean with everything in you–there is no observer at all. There is only the state of attention which is total energy, and that total energy is the highest form of intelligence. Naturally that state of mind must be completely silent and that silence, that stillness, comes when there is total attention, not disciplined stillness. That total silence in which there is neither the observer nor the thing observed is the highest form of a religious mind. But what takes place in that state cannot be put into words because what is said in words is not the fact. To find out for yourself you have to go through it.”
~ J. Krishnamurti excerpt from Freedom from the Known. Thank you, The Beauty We Love.
- utterlybanal reblogged this from crashinglybeautiful
- viridiannothingness likes this
- wowquotes reblogged this from crashinglybeautiful
- vulturechow likes this
- guerrillamamamedicine reblogged this from crashinglybeautiful
- escapingparalysis likes this
- somnusandsomnia likes this
- momentry likes this
- theredshoes likes this
- goo22 likes this
- just-tools reblogged this from crashinglybeautiful
- mediaoverload reblogged this from crashinglybeautiful
- arrogance-is-bliss likes this
- collectingraindrops likes this
- allgoodthinks likes this
- tammydavid likes this
- pzedro likes this
- audreyruston likes this
- crashinglybeautiful posted this